Pancakes are flat round cakes, cooked on a griddle and in North America served as a breakfast food. In the past have tried making them with the store-bought boxed mixes, at home from scratch, tried the gluten-free recipes. Nothing tasted like these ones that I made today for breakfast. Like many other recipes I have tried from myninjanaan's space, this one was a hit at home. They turned out fluffy, melt-in-the mouth and fabulous. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you Henna!
All purpose flour-2 cups
Baking Powder-2 tsps
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Butter milk-2 cups (2 cups milk mixed with 2 tbs of vinegar)
Melted Butter- 3tbs
Blue berries-a cup
Oil- as needed to grease the pan
Powdered sugar- enough to garnish
1. In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix well.
2. Whisk together the butter, buttermilk, butter, egg and set aside.
3. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the liquid ingredients in and mix gently until the ingredients come together.
4. Set aside for ten minutes.
5. Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat and pour the batter with a 1/4 cup measure.
6. Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancake.
7. Flip the pancake and cook until it gets browned on the other side too.
8. Remove with a spatula onto a serving plate.
9. Sprinkle some powdered sugar, top with a dollop of butter some blue berries and serve hot.